Knowing the sources and origins of your site’s online business is an integral piece in competing in today’s very competitive online landscape. Analytics programs will help immensely in showing us the roadmap clients and prospects took to find us, along with the actions they made once there.
If you haven’t started using any type of analytics programs on your web sites, there’s no time like now! Start out with the free version of Google Analytics until you discover want more, and begin collecting data.
Once you are collecting data, listed below are five ways to make smarter and more profitable use of it in 2014!
5 Tips for analytics in your small business
- Select which performance indicators are best for you - There are a number of items you can track, so it can be extremely overwhelming to tackle the full spectrum of data at the beginning. Choose some key performance indicators that you most need to learn, like conversions, referring sites, or which of your pages are most well liked and for how long.
- Know what your Analytics mean - A lot of this will be new to you at first. Take the time to learn the terminology, and the new acronyms and terms that are coming along seemingly daily. Once you have a grasp on what is being shown you, you are far more likely to be able to make some sense of it. In addition, it’s very important to look at the data in context, that is, by viewing it with the goals of the pages in mind.
- Send yourself an email report - The data will be worthless if not acted upon. Rather than relying on yourself to login and retrieve it on a regular basis, send yourself an automated email at regular intervals so you’ll have it at your fingertips.
- Track more than site statistics! - Put the Analytics code in all your significant properties, including social media, squeeze and landing pages, video and email.
- Keep track of key changes - This means noting the campaigns, site changes along with other significant changes that could affect traffic and conversions after awhile. A rapid spike in traffic might remain unexplained and unexploited if you are not aware of why it happened.
Want to Dominate Your Local Search Terms? Here’s How!
You, know it’s awesome that your business can be found for whatever you sell all over the world, but really, if you are serving a local market and you’re not effectively appearing in your local search results for your main terms, names and products, then what does it help?
Since we now know that 1 in 3 searches in Google are now local in objective, and over 70 percent of people look online for offline services, it’s a no-brainer that you need to dominate your local search results, and here are a few ways to do exactly that.
5 Easy ways to start to dominate your local search results
- Your Google+ Local Page - A Google+ local page for your business is a guaranteed way to help your local search rankings. Does not only help in indexing your pages nearly instantly, but it’s a practical aid for anyone trying to find you.
- Claim Citations - Citations are listings for your business on search engines and within social media which include your name address and phone number. They can include more or less and are generally found on Facebook, Google, Bing, Yelp, and FourSquare, in addition to a variety of other sites.
- Reviews - Getting reviews for your business, products or services is vital for ranking well on the Google local search results. Google views this as authority, and social proof. Make sure you enable your customers to help them leave a review by offering a link to where they can do this, preferably on your Google+ local page.
- NAP - NAP stands for name address and phone number. Ensuring this information is accurate across all your social media and sites is critical.
- Mobile - Research is showing that three out of four mobile searches initiate follow-up actions, whether this means an actual store visit, social sharing or phone call. Ensure that your site is optimized for mobile, so you are able to make the most of where everyone is headed in local search!
Ever Wondered Why Your Competition Ranks Higher Than You On Google Local Search?
We Help Businesses Get Found On Google – Call (727) 344- 9318
Google Plus Local (Formerly Known as Google Places) is widely accepted as one of the top places consumers turn to when they are searching for products or services. It is EXTREMELY important your business can be found on Google Maps – preferably ahead of your competition.
A recent report was released that names the top ranking factors to get your Google Local Listing to rank at the top of Google Local Search.
Check out the report here: http://moz.com/blog/local-search-ranking-factors-2013
The number one ranking factor in 2013 is: Proper Category selection (secret ninja tip – make sure these categories match the pages on your website)
Need Help With Your Google Local Listing? We Can Help!
Call (727) 344-9318 or email Jesse@DigitalTrafficSquad.com for a FREE consultation.
TIP: GET YOUR BUSINESS TO THE TOP OF GOOGLE LOCAL SEARCH —> THE RIGHT WAY.
We have received a lot of questions regarding “Google Authorship” … check out the video below for a quick explanation…
Google Authorship Connects Content on a site to your Google Plus Profile.
We found the following articles very informative and recommend them if you would like to explore Google Authorship further…
Article: “The Importance of Google Authorship” By Thrive Marketing
Information from Google – “Google Authorship”
Article:“What is the Difference between Google Authorship and Author Rank” By Mark Trahagen
We are fascinated by Google – you have to be if you are a Digital Marketer. We follow what Google is doing very closely so our clients get the full benefit of what Google has to offer.
Before we get started —> Have you ever wondered what Google’s Servers look like? Check out the picture to the right of your screen– PRETTY COOL.
OK, so what’s the latest with Google? Here are some of the TOP Google Stories for the first week of November 2012 – Enjoy!
Google Releases Panda Update 21, Impacts 1.1% Of US Queries In English
This marks the 21st confirmed Panda Update by Google and stays in keeping with the roughly 4-6 week release…Google Panda Update 20 Released, 2.4% Of English Queries Impacted…Does Google keep releasing these updates to stay in the news as to stay…
Google Announces New Nexus Phone, Nexus 10 Tablet, Jelly Bean Update
Google also increased the storage space available on the Nexus 7 tablet while maintaining its pricing….Google and Samsung’s Nexus 10 tablet features the highest-resolution display of any tablet…
Google Updates Search Page Design – Easier To Search By Date – iTechPost
CMSWireGoogle Updates Search Page Design – Easier To Search By DateiTechPostCurrently, Google is making some adjustments to its search results page with an aim to make it easier for users to find what they are looking for and give more importance to the knowledge graph results that resembles Wikipedia. According to the search …Google Search Results Page Shifts Navigation Tools, Removes SidebarCMSWireall 105 news articles »
Google updates Chrome browser with battery-saving feature – PCWorld
Google updates Chrome browser with battery-saving featurePCWorldThis Chrome update—version 23—also gives users an option to send a “do-not-track” request to websites and online services, although Google warned that this feature’s effectiveness depends on how the sites and services field these requests. “Google is …Google Updates Chrome for Windows to Add ‘Do Not Track’ & Battery-Saving …TechnoBuffaloGoogle releases Chrome 23, brings video GPU accelerationHEXUSGoogle, please fix Chrome for AndroidOS NewsTechCrunch -OnSoftwareall 66 news articles »
Google Updates Voice Search For iOS To Compete With Siri – RedOrbit
RedOrbitGoogle Updates Voice Search For iOS To Compete With SiriRedOrbitWhile Google has had voice search for some time, the Apple competitor just released the app in the iTunes store for iOS devices including iPhone and iPad. The timing of the app’s release coincidentally came when Apple fired Scott Forstall, the company …Google Updates Its iOS Search App To Answer All Your Burning QuestionsTechCrunchGoogle updates iOS Search app with enhanced voice capabilities: Hands-onNDTVGoogle updates its Search for iOS app with voice searchDigitAndroid Authority -Wiredall 658 news articles »
Need a Google Makeover? Contact us TODAY! Info@DigitalTrafficSquad.com
[kc_heading_pac_3_headline_main size="35" color="#C00" ]Is Your Business On These Sites?[/kc_heading_pac_3_headline_main]
[arrow style="3.gif" alignment="center"]
[kc_heading_pac_10_pre_headline_5 size="36" color="#000" ]If not, THEY SHOULD BE! [/kc_heading_pac_10_pre_headline_5]